News and Notes
Newsletter – Sept 2016,
Water was very low at Istokpoga in July. However, we had 9 limits brought to the scales with a total of
120.04 Lbs. This gave us an average of 8.57 Lbs per team. There were 8 fish over 4 Lbs brought to the scales.
We will look at possibly another lake for the month of July for the 2017 Trail.
The team of Austin Benenati & Ron Benenati took 1st place bringing 15.13 lbs sack to the scales.
The team of Rick Bateman & Elwood Glaser secured 2nd place with 14.15 Lbs.
The team of Reggie Bush & Gilberto Epstein came in 3rd place with 14.07 Lbs.
Talk at the ramp was that Gilberto put it on Reggie and caught all of their fish.
The team of Donnie Bianco & Tuck Pinchin unfortunately was unable to continue their roll of placing third
for the fourth consecutive tournament. Good things don’t last forever !!!
Check out the club website to view detailed Sept Results and Standings:
Heading into our eighth tournament of the 2016 Trail. Our club’s competition for the Angler of the Year
Award. As a result of the September tournament we have a change of leaders.
To date the race results are:
1st Rennie Gauvin & Matt Faneuf – 158 Points
2nd Pastor George Thomasson & Brian Elser – 156 Points
3rd Kevin Wright & Jason Hughey – 154 Points
2016 Classic Tournament Qualifers:
To date, we currently have 8 teams that have qualified for our 2016 Classic Tournament
at Lake Okeechobee on November 12th & 13th. There is a possibility that an additional 7
more teams could qualify for the Classic. Regarding those teams that have already
qualified or may qualify for our 2016 Classic. I suggest you reserve your room
accommodations as soon as possible. I previously distributed an E-Mail with motel
suggestions and contact information.
New statewide bass regulations that the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission effective July 1.
Any size 5 bass limit per angler with only one bass that’s 16 inches long (about 2 1/4 pounds) or longer.
We have secured FWC Waivers for this event. Our Length & Bag Limits will stay the same a usual.
LAKE: Kissimmee Sept 24th
RAMP: HWY 60 County Ramp
- Registration: 5:45 am – 6:30 am
Captains Meeting: ?
- Take-Off: Safe-light (predicted to be 6:45 am, depending on cloud cover, etc.)
Launch and Check-In Procedures:
- After the Tournament Directors announcements.
- We will stage in the ramp basin. The release numbers will be called out.
- Once your boat number is called out proceed into the cut going out to the lake in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Boat numbers are set based on the order of finish from the previous event.
Any new team or teams that did not participate at the previous event will be assigned boat numbers
beginning with the lowest number available after the previous months event.
Length and Bag Limits:
We have FWC permits in hand for this event.
Minimum Fish Length is 12″
Two (2) fish over 22 inches per boat.
There is a 5 fish maximum.
Membership and Tournament Fees:
- Yearly Membership dues are $70.00 per team ($35.00 per Angler) due at the first tournament.
- Tournament fees are $60.00 per team/per tournament (which includes the Big Bass fee for that month’s tournament).
- Big Bass for the Year contest is $10.00 per team (optional) (one-time payment at first tournament)).
- Cash is the only acceptable form of payment.
- Please have the correct dollar amount for your team fees.
That’s it for now, if there are any questions and / or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
OUTCASTS Bass Club