NEWSLETTER – April 2016
Newsletter – APRIL 2016,
We had 16 teams participate in our annual spring two day tournament at Lake Okeechobee. Indications from the from weights that were brought to the scales.
Our timing was on fishing the post spawn activities. There were:
– 12 of 16 teams, 5 fish limits on Day 1
– 11 of 15 teams, 5 fish limits on Day 2
That’s a total of 23, 5 fish limits in two days of fishing.
The team of Rick Batemen & Elwood Glaser took the lead on Day 1 with a impressive bag of 22.07 Lbs with the help of a nice 6.15 Lbs kicker.
The team of Stanforth & Faulkner placed in second place with a 18.58 Lb bag. The team of Etheridge & Houston placed third with a 16.17 Lb bag.
The Day 2 results the Team of Stanforth & Faulkner over came the 3.49 Lb lead of Team Bateman & Glaser and finished 1st place with a total of 37.16 Lbs.
The 37.16 Lbs was the second heaviest weight we have had during our 2 Day tournament. The heaviest 2 Day weight was at our 2015 Classic which
was 40.31 Lbs caught by the Team of Curtis Thompson & Don Thompson.
Detailed tournament stats:
|Number of Teams||16|
|Number of Limits||23|
|Number of Fish||128|
Check out the club website to view March Results and Standings:
SPECIAL “SHOUT OUT”
To Tom “Spoons” Stanforth for going out and towing in the Team of John Etherdge & Steve Huston and their disabled boat.
His actions were greatly appreciated !!!
Lake West Toho (ONLY) April 23rd
RAMP: Southport (South end)
Registration: 5:45am – 6:15am
- Captains Meeting: ?
- Take-Off: Safe-light (predicted to be 6:45am, depending on cloud cover, etc.)
- Weigh-In: 3:00pm
Launch and Check-In Procedures:
- After the Tournament Directors announcements.
- We will stage within the ramp area cove. The release numbers will be called out.Once your boat number is called out proceed to the end of the Southport cut and out to the lake in a safe and orderly fashion.
Boat numbers are set based on the order of finish from the previous event.
Any new teams or teams that did not participate at the previous event
will be assigned boat numbers beginning with the lowest number available after the previous months event.
Length and Bag Limits:
- We have FWC permits in hand for this event.
- Minimum Fish Length is 12″
- There is a 5 fish maximum.
Registration and Tournament Fees:
- Yearly Membership dues are $70.00 per team ($35.00 per Angler) due at the first tournament.
- Tournament fees are $60.00 per team/per tournament (which includes the Big Bass fee for that month’s tournament).
- Big Bass for the Year contest is $10.00 per team (optional) (one-time payment at first tournament)).
- Cash is the only acceptable form of payment.
- Please have the correct dollar amount for your team fees.
We will be refunding the $10 tournament registration overcharge for the teams that participated in the Feb Istokpoga Tournament.
That’s it for now, if there are any questions and / or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.