Newsletter – Feb 2016
Well the kick-off 2016 January Tournament is in the books !!!
We had 15 teams participate regardless of the inclement weather.
“Pastor” George and Brian Elser won the Tournament with the only 5 fish limit and a very nice bag of 15.08 Lbs.
They also weighed-in the Big Fish of 6.25 Lbs of the tournament. There was talk at the weigh-in that he had a “third” being in the boat
with him. A tall thin fellow with a long hair, a beard and dressed in a robe. Hmmm, I wonder.
Second place went to the new team of Anthony “Attatude” DeRosa and Joey Storts with a 4 fish bag that weighed 7.84 Lbs.
Third place went to the team of Rennie Gauvin and Matt Faneuf with 3 fish bag that weighed of 5.96 Lbs.
We welcomed 5 new teams to join us for our 2016 trail. They are:
– Anthony DeRosa and Joey Storts
– Ethan Parker & Joe Whitson
– Ora Cobb & Keith Sturdavent
– John Ethridge & Steve Huston
Regarding new teams, there was a question that if you did not fish the January tournament can you still join the club at the February tournament.
ANSWER: No problem, we are still accepting new teams at the February tournament.
2016 Outcasts Membership Roster
I distributed the 2016 Outcasts Club Roster via E-Mail.
Please make a copy and keep in your boat so you have contact numbers when you need them.
It is recommended that if you leave a tournament early please contact an officer so we are aware of your situation.
Lake Istokpoga, Saturday February 27th
RAMP: 98 County Ramp
• Registration: 5:45am – 6:15am
• Captains Meeting: ?
• Take-Off: Safe-light (predicted to be 6:45am, depending on cloud cover, etc.)
• Weigh-In: 3:00pm
Launch and Check-In Procedures:
• After the Tournament Directors announcements.
• We will stage within the ramp area cove. The release numbers will be called out.
Once your boat number is called out proceed to the end of the dock and out to the lake in a safe and orderly fashion.
• Boat numbers are set based on the order of finish from the previous event.
Any new teams or teams that did not participate at the previous event
will be assigned boat numbers beginning with the lowest number available after the previous months event.
Length and Bag Limits:
• We have FWC permits in hand for this event.
• Minimum Fish Length is 12″
• There is a 5 fish maximum.
• Istokpoga is designated as Florida State “BAG LIMIT” lake.
A member fishing by them self can only weigh-in THREE fish.
Registration and Tournament Fees:
• Yearly Membership dues are $70.00 per team ($35.00 per Angler) due at the first tournament.
• Tournament fees are $60.00 per team/per tournament (which includes the Big Bass fee for that month’s tournament).
• Big Bass for the Year contest is $10.00 per team (optional) (one-time payment at first tournament)).
• Cash is the only acceptable form of payment.
• Please have the correct dollar amount for your team fees.
That’s it for now, if there are any questions and / or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
OUTCASTS Bass Club