HOT, HOT, HOT was the air temperature AND the fishing. We had 15 teams participate in our June Tournament at Lake Kissimmee. All 15 teams brought 5 fish limits to the scales. That is a “first” for this 2016 Tournament Trail.
There were 8 fish over 4 Lbs brought to the scales. I was busy with the weight-in activities and did not hear about patterns that worked. However, with the amount of fish brought to the scales it seemed everything worked.
May Tournament was 14 teams, 59 fish with a total weight of 152.32 Lbs
June Tournament was 15 teams, 75 fish with a total weight of 181.78 Lbs
A considerable difference between the two months. With hotter air and water temperatures, fish were more “active” when they should have been less active. However, that’s bass fishing.
The team of Rennie Gauvin & Matt Faneuf brought a 21.40 Lb sack to the scales, which was the winning tournament weight. They also caught the Big Fish of the tournament, a nice 6.53 Lb toad.
The team of Chris Meurat & Steve Rabel secured second place with 15.42 Lbs.
The team of Donnie Bianco & Tuck Pinchin placed third with a 14.58 Lb bag. This is the third consecutive tournament that this team has placed third !!! Can they continue the streak for July’s Istokpoga Tournament ?
Check out the club website to view detailed June Results and Standings:
Heading into our seventh tournament of the 2016 Trail. Our club’s competition for the Angler of the Year Award has tightened up. To date the race results are:
1st Pastor George Thomasson & Brian Elser – 134 Points
2nd Rennie Gauvin & Matt Faneuf – 131 Points
3rd Kevin Wright & Jason Hughey – 130 Points
WELCOME !!! The new team of Ronald & Austin Benenati.
New statewide bass regulations that the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission effective July 1. Any size 5 bass limit per angler with only one bass that’s 16 inches long (about 2 1/4 pounds) or longer.
We have secured FWC Waivers for this event. Our Length & Bag Limits will stay the same a usual.
FYI: Due to the very hot air temperatures and high fish mortality. The Officers have decided to change the weigh-in time for the July 23rd Istokpoga Tournament to 2:00 PM.
LAKE: Istokpoga July 23rd
RAMP: Istokpoga Park (HWY 98)
Registration: 5:15am – 5:45am
- Captains Meeting: ?
- Take-Off: Safe-light (predicted to be 6:00am, depending on cloud cover, etc.)
- Weigh-In: 2:00pm
Launch and Check-In Procedures:
- After the Tournament Directors announcements.
- We will stage in the ramp basin. The release numbers will be called out.
- Once your boat number is called out proceed into the cut going out to the lake in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Boat numbers are set based on the order of finish from the previous event.
Any new team or teams that did not participate at the previous event will be assigned boat numbers
beginning with the lowest number available after the previous months event.
Length and Bag Limits:
- We have FWC permits in hand for this event.
- Minimum Fish Length is 12″
- Two (2) fish over 22 inches per boat.
- There is a 5 fish maximum.
Membership and Tournament Fees:
- Yearly Membership dues are $70.00 per team ($35.00 per Angler) due at the first tournament.
- Tournament fees are $60.00 per team/per tournament (which includes the Big Bass fee for that month’s tournament).
- Big Bass for the Year contest is $10.00 per team (optional) (one-time payment at first tournament)).
- Cash is the only acceptable form of payment.
- Please have the correct dollar amount for your team fees.
That’s it for now, if there are any questions and / or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
OUTCASTS Bass Club