Club Rules for 2020
The Officers shall together decide on all things regarding the schedule and rules of the club. All petitions, protests, and/or disagreements concerning club or tournament rules will also be decided by a majority vote of the club officer.
- President – The President will convene and adjourn meetings of the club officers and will lead the business of the club in general.
- Vice President/Treasurer – The Vice President will act as the treasurer and will assume the responsibilities of the President in the event of his/her absence.
- Tournament Director – The Tournament Director is responsible for obtaining FWC tournament permits, establishing launch procedures, and is also the official time-keeper for all tournaments.
- Membership and Membership Fee:
The membership fee is $40 per team per year. Any team who wishes to join the Outcast’s Bass Club is required to submit a registration form online or a hard copy to a club officer and must pay their membership prior to their first tournament. Membership must be approved by the Club Officers. New memberships will not be accepted after the third tournament of the year.
An Alternate may fish in place of a team member by satisfying a $10.00 alternate fee. However, A member is permitted to fish with a member of his/her immediate family member who is not their regular partner without paying the alternate fee at any time. This privilege is extended to parents, grandparents, spouses, children, and grandchildren only. Any other family members not listed are considered alternates and must pay the Alternate fee.
- No Professionals or Guides:
We are an amateur fishing club. Any angler that has paid $1900.00 or more for one entry fee at any event or who has been paid for or advertised their services as a Professional Bass Fishing Guide in the past year is not eligible to fish in Outcasts Bass Club.
- Age and Eligibility:
There are no restrictions or age limits on membership in Outcasts Bass Club. Notwithstanding, anglers who are under the age of 16 are not permitted to operate a vessel at any time during tournament hours. Furthermore, Florida law requires any person operating a motorized vessel over 10hp that is born after 1988 to possess a valid Florida Boaters Certification or legal equivalent. Failure to comply with this Florida State law will result in immediate expulsion and disqualification from Outcasts Bass Club.
- Team of the Year:
Team of the Year points will use the “Drop One” method. Each team’s final position will be based on the points accumulated through their best 7 of 8 regular-season tournaments. The Team of the Year will not be required to pay the entry fee for the end of year Classic Tournament.
- Tournament Fees and Payout:
Tournament Fees will be $40.00 per boat, paid in cash prior to the start of the tournament. 100% of these fees will be paid out for each tournament with the following allocation:
- 50% ($20 per entry) – 1st Place
- 25% ($10 per entry) – 2nd Place
- 25% ($10 per entry) – Big Bass
- Starting Position:
The starting position for the first tournament will be based on the order of registration for that tournament. The starting position for all remaining tournaments will be based on the order of finish for the previous tournament. New teams will start in order of entry after existing teams launch. The last boat will call numbers.
- Livewell Checks:
Livewell checks may be conducted by club officers prior to the beginning of a tournament.
- Fish Limits:
The stringer limit will be five (5) fish per boat. There is no length limit. In the event permits are unavailable the club will revert to a 3 fish limit.
- Team of the Year (TOY) Point System:
Points will be awarded on a 100-point system. The system is:
- 1st Place: 100 points
- 2nd Place: 99 points
- 3rd Place: 98 points
- Descending to the last boat that catches fish.
- The remaining boats that do not catch fish will be awarded 1/2 of the points that are awarded to the last boat that received points.
- There will be no participation points awarded.
- Weigh-in and Penalties:
Once fish are presented for weigh-in they are considered the teams “final submission” and the following penalties will be enforced as applicable.
- Dead fish – .5lb per dead fish.
- Late for Check-in – 1lb per minute late. Teams are disqualified if more than 5 minutes late.\
- Tie-Breaking Procedures:
In the event of a tie regarding at a tournament, the tiebreaker will be in the following order
- Big Fish
- Number of Fish
- If a tie cannot be broken, points for the two places will be added and divided by two and duplicate points awarded to each team.
- Lake Limits:
All water that is publicly navigable by boat from the tournament lake will be open to fishing unless otherwise specified.
- Methods of Fishing and Equipment:
- The use of live bait of any kind is prohibited
- Baiting, chumming a fishing area before or during the tournament is prohibited.
- No wading, trolling or cane pole fishing will be allowed.
- No more than one fishing line in the water at a time.
- All fishing will be done with baitcasting, spinning, or spin casting reels.
- The maximum length of rods will be 8 feet from butt to the tip of the rod.
- Classic Tournament:
The club’s “Classic” Tournament will be held at a lake chosen by the Officers on the 1st weekend in October. Teams participating in a minimum of 6 (six) tournaments of that year’s tournament trail will qualify for the “Classic” tournament. It will be a two-day tournament. The classic lake will be selected by the officers of the club. There will be a Tournament Fee will be $80.00. Starting positions will be determined as follows:
- 1st day of the Classic – based on “Final” tournament standings with TAOY being the first boat out.
- 2nd day of the Classic – determined by the standings after day one weigh-in with the leader going out first.
Any protests or disputes must be presented to the Club Officers prior to the awarding of tournament payout at the event. All protests and/or disagreements will be decided by a majority vote of the club officers.
All members are required to wear a Coast Guard-approved chest-type life jacket whenever the boat is on a plane. All rules of safe boating, courtesy, safety, sportsmanship, and conservation is expected from each member. Contestant(s) WILL be disqualified for non-compliance.
It is the responsibility of every Club Member to reflect our core values. Fighting, cheating, littering, harassment or abuse of any of the above will be considered grounds for disqualification and immediate ejection from the club. The decision will be made by the Club Officers and is non-contestable.
All members, including minors, must agree to submit to a polygraph examination if called upon by the Club Officers. The Club Officers reserve the right to select polygraphists to administer polygraph examinations. All polygraph examinations shall be taken at the time, place and by the polygraphists designated by the Club Officers. Each contestant agrees by his/her signature or the membership form, or by clicking the “I/we agree” box for online forms to submit to a polygraph examination and abide by its conclusion. Failure to submit to or pass the required polygraph examination shall result in disqualification from this year and any future Outcasts Bass Club events.
- Alcoholic Beverages are Prohibited:
No consumption of ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES can occur during tournament hours or during the weigh-in. Violation will result in member disqualification from that tournament. 2nd Violation will result in expulsion from the club.
- Hold harmless and indemnity:
In consideration of being allowed to enter any tournament, each person agrees and contracts to indemnify and hold harmless Outcasts Bass Club, its members, sponsors and officers who together are the “indemnified parties” from any and all loss, liability, claims, or damages arising out of or in any manner whatsoever connected with the planning, operation or conduct of any Outcasts Bass Club tournament or event, including but not limited to claims for personal injury, wrongful death, survival damages, property damage, and claims relating in any way to the awarding of prizes in any tournament. The parent or legal representative of a minor participating in the tournament further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the indemnified parties from all loss on account of any claims presented against them by or on behalf of their child or ward.
- Severability Clause:
If any provision/rule/regulation of Outcasts Bass Club is deemed illegal or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the rest/remaining provisions/rules/regulations of the Club. All other provisions/rules/regulations will be read as if the illegal or unenforceable provision/rule/regulation does/did not exist.